Thursday, October 17, 2019

Blogtober Day 17: My Autumn Feelings



Autumn is an interesting time of year. It's finally not super hot, or unbelievably humid. At the same time, it's also not unbearably cold and I don't need to put on three layers just to walk from my house to my car. I know some of you may be reading this thinking "oh, so autumn is in between summer and winter weather-wise? Who would've known?" sarcastically. I know how dumb that sounds, but I feel like the weather is a good analogy to discuss autumn as a whole and how weirdly fluid it feels. Being in between summer and winter, it kind of fluctuates wildly.

Parts of autumn, specific days even, are beautiful and have more of a spring feeling than an autumnal one. Other days are rainy and remind us that winter is coming. This variability also comes into play given the different holidays in autumn. Halloween is pretty much its own season at this point, whereas Thanksgiving doesn't, but most people view as being Christmas-adjacent, an honorary winter holiday, even though November is, in fact, a fall month.

Now that I've gone into more depth than needed about why I say fall is a weird time of year, let me explain why its my favorite season. First of all, autumn is a beautiful season. The leaves change colors. The skies aren't always clear and blue, but they also aren't always that grey tone they seem to be in winter. The weather is perfect, since it's cool without being too cold. Fall is also when some of my favorite seasonal goodies are released. Caramel apples, pumpkin pie, apple strudel, and salted caramel everything. Fall is a great time of the year for food.

Fall is the time of year where I feel happiest. Some of that is due to happy memories I have of trick or treating and pumpkin carving. The rest is just that I really like the season as a whole. It's where I feel the most at home, if that makes sense.

So, I love fall. What's your opinion on the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment