Sunday, October 6, 2019

Blogtober Day 6: Favorite Reading Snacks

I love food. Almost as much as I love books, although I do need food slightly more than books. I could live without books, but would I want to? Absolutely not. It makes sense then, that I've given a lot of though to reading snacks. After all, I'm great at multitasking. Not every food is fit to be a reading snack, though. As much as I love spaghetti, eating it while reading wouldn't end well (and I'd never forgive myself if I got tomato sauce on my precious books).

So, without further ado, here are some of my favorite reading snacks.

Image result for popcorn stock photo

1)Popcorn

Sometimes when you're reading, you need something salty. Popcorn naturally comes bite-sized, which is good, even though I tend to eat way more than I meant to. At least popcorn's slightly more healthy that the next thing on this list.

Image result for chips stock photo

2)Chips (preferably sour cream and onion)

Potato chips, like popcorn, are great for when you want something salty while reading. Unless you eat Doritos, or particularly greasy brand of chips, there's no risk of damaging the pages with your finger prints.

Image result for grapes stock photo

3)Grapes

Grapes, blueberries, raspberries, pretty much any fruit that doesn't need to be cut up or picked apart is great for reading in my opinion.

Image result for coffee stock photo

4) Coffee/tea/hot chocolate

I'm putting all of these in the same category, because which drink I choose depends on my mood. Nothing sounds better to me than curling up with a nice book and a hot beverage.

Image result for chocolate stock photo

5) Chocolate

Is there any time that chocolate wouldn't be a good snack? I rest my case. For reading, it's nice to indulge in something sweet while also getting lost in a good story.














6) Fruit Snacks

This is more of a convenience thing than anything else, but I'm including it. Fruit snacks are great because you can just grab a package (or two) and go somewhere to read. There's no prep work involved, and depending on the brand, you have a variety of flavors.

2 comments:

  1. i actually dont snack when i read? the closest i get is a cuppa tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always snack when I read. It sort of depends on several factors, like the time of day and what I'm reading (if that makes sense)

    ReplyDelete